Making Your Home Transaction Easier
It’s not too early to get the ball rolling if you think you may be in the market to sell your home and buy another in the spring. Here are some of my “tips” for making the process easier by helping you get started on the right foot.
Sellers Should ~
- De-clutter the home to make rooms appear larger.
- Have a professional house inspection to allow ample time in which to make repairs that could otherwise cause your home to linger on the market.
- Gather all appliance booklets into one place, plus any applicable warranty paperwork you may have.
- Call Your real estate sales associate for a complimentary estimate of value on your property. Although future markets will change some, they can tell you the current value of your home. Having this information will allow you to determine the basic amount of equity you’ll have to work with when it comes to investing in a replacement residence.
Investors Should ~
- Check their credit rating to make sure there are no problems or mistakes that could derail a loan application.
- Curtail heavy credit card spending and focus on building cash reserves.
- Get “pre-qualified” for a loan which will indicate a loan range in which the investor can qualify. When the investor gets closer to jumping into the market, they should get “pre-approved” for a loan before house-hunting. By being pre-approved for a loan, the investor can move quickly when it comes to closing on the property.
Whether you’re purchasing or selling, one of the advantages of working with a real estate professional is that their expertise can provide you with the kind of guidance that makes the transaction easier and more enjoyable.